Haven’t you heard? It’s World Baking Day today!
We’re pretty certain that around 60% of the population will have been living off banana bread for two months by now, so we’re mixing things up and throwing a tart recipe into the blend. Brought to you by YLD friend, Alex Head – founder of London’s go-to catering company, Social Pantry – this recipe is a real treat. So get your ingredients delivered by your locals and set yourself a lockdown task of creating this…
Social Pantry’s Lemon and Raspberry Tart
1 x ready-made sweet pastry case or ready-made pastry
140g castor sugar
150ml double cream
140g frozen raspberries
1tbsp icing sugar
Juice and zest of 3 lemons
- Roll out the pastry and line the tart tin. Use a fork to poke a few holes in the bottom of the tin. Refrigerate for 30mins. Line with a baking parchment and fill with baking beans, or rice. Cook at 140 for 10 mins, take out of the oven, remove the baking beans and cook for another 20mins or until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- In a pan on low heat melt the raspberries with the icing sugar until it is a loose jam consistency. Add more water if needed. Leave aside.
- Make the filling by whisking the eggs, cream and sugar
- Add in the lemon zest and raspberry mixture, whisk together and place into the tart tin.
- Cook for 30 – 35mins or until just set
Founded by Alex Head in 2011, Social Pantry is your go-to London caterer for events, weddings and the workplace. They’re passionate about creating food that is fresh, seasonal and delicious and have catered for the likes of Gigi Hadid, David Attenborough (mega) and even Hilary Clinton. Follow them on social here and keep up-to-date with their latest news.